Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Riding the change

I used to play a game where I'd lay the similar shots out on a table and ask my kids which one they liked better, and why. The one on the right was my favorite, the one on the left was hers. In either case, the magic of the moment was that the seagulls came to support the perfect shot by showing up and pirouetting across the sky.

I said it. October can herald in big changes in my life. It can give you a nice ride or run you into the ground, depending on how you view the world. I am learning, trying.... to just stay out of the way and accept what is. I hurt myself fighting for control where life offers none.

So I'm hurting myself because I am fighting, not so much for control but for positive thinking, for believing I can do this. It's so damn easy to get buried in the rushing change.



No comments: